Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The beauty of homeschooling...

1 - We can take half the day and take Dad to a drs. appt.
2 - We can take a nap when we need to (and some days I need it badly)
3 - We can do school at 9 in the morning or 9 at night if we need or want to do that.
4 - My beloved gets to see what we do on the few days he's around.
5 - My girls can follow a rabbit trail and be interest led in their schooling if we want.
6 - We can do school in our pjs.
7 - We can sleep later if we need to 'cause we had a late or rough night.
8 - We can take a break when we need it or just when we want it.
9 - When we go out and about during a public school day my girls get to be the only (usually) ones out and about - so we can do field trips and not fight crowds.
10 - Did I mention we get to school in our PJs?
11 - We can go to the library and call it school.
12 - We can do ballet and swim team for gym classes.
13 - We get to learn all kinds of stuff they don't and aren't allowed to teach in the Public Schools - like about missionaries in Papua New Guinea. And we can pray for those missionaries and for our missionary friends that we actually know in real life.
14 - We can go faster than the ps kids because we don't have to wait on classmates to catch up.

And lastly did we mention that we school in our pjs most days?

In Christ's Love,
Peg

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

We can also go slower on the subjects that we need more time in (like reading, for me).

I must admit: I love doing school in my pjs. That practice continued in college from time to time. It was awesome. Even got a couple other "bathrobe" converts there [smile].

~Luke

Tanya said...

My favorite is #5. And of course, the pjs.