Monday, September 22, 2008

Knit together....

I am so very blessed. I have made more friends simply because of some needles and string than anyone would ever think possible. All types of friends from all over the world.

Last night I got to sit down with two friends - an old one and a new one - and knit and talk. Both are friends that I have taught to knit. I love seeing them embrace and start new techniques and projects. They both are doing great! You should see the stuff they are working on right now! I helped my old friend start on a pair of socks last night. And the new one is doing dishcloths and a blanket for her son. And they are just doing beautiful work and enjoying it so much. I love seeing their enjoyment! It is such a blessing to me.

I learned to knit almost five years ago. I love being able to pass on this art to others. It is like sharing Jesus with others - you just can't NOT share! It becomes such a part of who you are and is reflected in so many aspects of your life. It is such a great way to show Jesus love to others too in the form of gifts and teaching. I love it.

Did you know even God knits? Psalm 139:13 says "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and KNIT me together in my mother's womb." How cool is that?

I love that my love of knitting brings me together with others and allows us to be knit together in new and different ways. Seems like it is just meant to be that way.

Fearfully and Wonderfully Knit together by my Creator's hand,

Peg

2 comments:

Theresa said...

That's right! Thank you so much for coming down our way to eat, sit, rock and knit. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. I haven't worked anymore on my socks, but I'm hoping to tonight. Love you bunches!

Kristi said...

I really enjoyed the time too! I wish we could do it more often....
I think I'm going to use camo colors for Christian's blanket, knit at night after he's in bed and surprise him at Christmas. Maybe make the oblong shawls for the girls for Christmas after their bedtime too.

That night was like another piece of heaven. Peace in the midst of the storms of life.

Love and miss you guys!