Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting ready for the new year...

You all know we home school right? Well this past weekend my beloved and I went to a home school convention to get some of the curriculum we will use in the next official school year for the girls.

We have, for the past several years, gone up and spent the night so we can have two full days at the conference. Friends go with us and it's a great time of fellowship but also focused time to remember why we do what we do.

This year we focused on our eldest daughter. She's going to be in high school this year. I know it's hard to believe but she is. She is a beautiful and intelligent girl. Keeping up with her is going to keep me on my toes. I think I'm up for it. Today that is.

I loved being there in this huge convention center with all these people who do the same things we do. I love being with people whose focus is being with their families. And like being together as a family.

So we're ready - we go year round and we're finishing up a few things right now. But we'll start the "new" year in August. My girls were excited to see the new stuff. They love books of any kind. I love that they love them.

How cool is that? Kids who love to learn. God is so good.


In Christ's Love,
Peg

1 comment:

Theresa in WV said...

I'm with your girls! I love books!

I'm glad you came back with renewed vision, Peg. You need it to do what we do.