Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sickness abounds...

We have thus far managed to avoid being ill this year. Until the past ten days! Charlotte has been fighting a cold for nearly two weeks. Then the older girls all got some form of it. Michael and I have, so far, avoided it. I'm praying everyone starts to feel better.

I had to tell Charlotte to stop talking yesterday because she woke up sounding like Darth Vader's daughter. All raspy and funky sounding - totally was not my babby talking.

Then today she woke up, came bouncing downstairs feeling all better and told me it was time for me to get up because SHE was up. Then she proceeded to try and roust her sisters out of bed too. She told McGinley "I'm up and that means everyone else should be too." It was like hearing Daddy in my house this morning. My daddy was like that. If he was up then he wanted someone to talk to him so he thought everyone else should be up. And he'd wake you just to talk before he went out the door to work or down to the corner store for coffee. Totally cracked me up this morning when his words came out of my five year olds mouth. Yep he's still here with us.

So everyone is slowly on the mend and Michael is working less hours so he's here more. That's nice for all of us. And hopefully we'll all avoid the rest of the sickness passing around amongst our friends.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

No comments: