Monday, May 19, 2008

Grief and how the Lord carries us through...

It's been a long week and a half. We went to my daddy's memorial service on Monday last week. I can hardly believe it has only been a week. It seems so very long ago already.

Daddy's service was a huge blessing to all of us. A friend of my sister Miriam's did the service and he talked about the importance of knowing the Lord as your Saviour. I am thankful that he spoke of it in the way that he did. I am also so very grateful that most of my immediate family knows the Lord of Lords, King of Kings.

For those who don't I pray daily that they would not wait too long. Time is too short and it is so easy to think you have more time with people and that the Lord will wait on you to "get yourself straight". The truth of the matter is He meets us where we are at right then. He loves us even with all our faults and issues.

I PRAISE THE LORD that He does take us where we are at - I surely would never be worthy. The bible says that all fall short of the glory of God. We will never be worthy but He loves us anyway. He wants us to love Him and worship HIM in the midst of the trials, tribulations, happy times, joyful times, and yes even in the grief-ridden times.

We continue to Praise him in the storm. My dear friend Amy sang for our service Sunday. The song she sang was "Stand Still" by the Issacs. I found their version on Youtube - it is a beautiful song but I have to say I loved Amy's voice singing it.



So we are "Standing Still" and letting Our God move. And Praising Him in the standing still.

If you don't know the Lord, please look at the verse on the bottom of my blog. It will tell you what you need to know. Ask for forgiveness of your sins, Believe that Christ died for your sins and Confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and saviour. That is it. God loves you just the way you are. He sees his Son Jesus when he looks at you and he loves you just where you are at right now. Believe it. Accept it and welcome Him into your heart. He is a loving God.

In Christ's Abundant and merciful love,
Peg

No comments: