Thursday, May 29, 2008

Practicing ...

These last few days my babby (yes I know she is four and that doesn't really qualify her as a babby anymore) has been "practicing" her swinging. She just figured out how to make her legs both go the way she wants to get the result she wants. She has been practicing every minute ever since. Because practice makes perfect.

It came to me that we are ever "practicing".

Practicing being the wife the Lord would have me be.
Practicing being the mother He would have me be.
Practice being the friend He would have me be each day.
Practicing being the reflection of Him to others in all aspects of my life.

And how terribly I fail each and every day in every way.

So I am thankful.

I am thankful He gives us new grace and mercy each morning so that we can do better than the day before.
Thankful for the opportunities each new day to practice and get better for His glory.
Thankful for my beloved forgiving me daily for not being the wife he needs all the time.
Thankful my girls are gracious and loving.
Thankful my friends love me flaws and all.
And so very thankful that He calls me His own in spite of all the practice I need.

In Christ's Love and mercy,
Peg