Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My daddy ...

was my definition of a great man. He was the kind of man who put his kids and wife before himself always. He was the kind of man who would stand up for his friends and family. He believed in hard work and he worked hard all his life. He was a man of heart. He loved his family and he told us often. He hugged us often and always made sure we knew how much he loved us. He loved the Lord and had peace about where he would go when his time came.

He loved his wife of 42 years with all his heart and soul. He told her the other day that he never thought he'd be so lucky to be married to her. He told her he loved her so very much.

Today my daddy went home with Jesus. He was 69. He is sitting there with Zeb on one knee and my brother sitting beside him laughing. I praise the Lord for my father knowing the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. I will see him one day soon.




My daddy last June with my Mama and six of his grandchildren at my house in front of Zeb's Lilac bush.

Thank you for letting me share my Daddy with you.

In Christ's Sustaining and Abundant, and merciful love,

Peg

No comments: