Monday, May 5, 2008

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Wool, sheep, yarn of every color under the rainbow, people who all love the fiber, the art, the possibilities of the art, the process, I could go on and on about the MS&W.



The first place we went was The Barefoot Spinner's booth. Why you ask? Because she is from West Virginia and I must support my people. I bought this beautiful ball of roving to learn to spin with (hopefully) soon. Don't I look LOVELY? My babby took this of me around 5:30 p.m. in the hotel room. We'd been up since 5 a.m. I look a bit rough.


Here's a picture of my babby feed a kid babby goat. It was too cute if I do say so myself. She was a trooper. Walked the entire time and drug her daddy into the lamb sheds every time they passed them.



We were blessed to be able to go this weekend with my in-laws. I love my in-laws. They are game for a road trip with four of their 7 grandkids. Brave, huh? My mother-in-law knits and so appreciates the fiber. She found some beautiful lace weight from Wales. And a two completely different yarns with the same colorway. Simply beautiful. I can't wait to see what she does with it.



My Father-in-law is always trying new things and has a true appreciation for things done the old ways. He was drawn again and again to this sheepskin rug. I won't tell you whether he brought anything home with him - you'll have to ask him. The girl standing on the other side of me can tell you. ;0




There were so many things to see and feel. It was hard to absorb all the sights and sounds. There were booths that made brooms - we got the babby a little one - gotta start training them early plus it was just too stinkin' cute. Booths that made leather bags, belts, etc. I drooled there a couple of times but just couldn't commit myself to something that wasn't yarn. And tons of different - very different yarns plus anything you would use to get yarn, use yarn, and make yarn. We were drooling over the spinning wheels. We'll have to think on those a while though.




We had a great time. The girls all came home with drop spindles to learn to spin. We are ready to go back again. My beloved is the most giving, loving, just beloved man ever. He let me wander and said not one word. He enjoyed seeing all his girls so happy and it was definately a blessing for us.

I am happy to report that I went with a budget, albeit small, and I stuck within my budget. We are praising the Lord for stretching those funds enough to allow us this much needed time away.

Of course, we had to have the usual car troubles on the way home. Pray for our van - yes again. The transmission - yes the one we just put in two weeks ago - went again. We left it sitting at a State Police Office somewhere in MD.

My beloved and my Fabulous father-in-law went back this morning to pick it up and bring it back to our car place. Again. We'll see what happens with it. I'm sure I'll be asking for prayer for that sad, sad van again.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Looks great! The yarn colors are so you!
Can't wait to hear more! I hope the van news is good. I've been praying.