Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from Camp and

I took NOT one picture. I meant to take some. I took the camera. It sat in the car the whole week. We were just so blessed to be there with all of our church family. I am renewed and blessed by having been there.

Let me tell you some history of us and family camp. We have gone to family camp for several years now. Usually in the tent - in August! Yes we really like being there - so much so that we go in the tent even when it is supposed to be hotter than blue blazes.

Last year it was 107* most of the week. We only spent one night in our tent. Then we spent one night in the dorms; me in the girls dorm with all the kids and my Beloved in the boys dorms. Did I mention he can sleep through nearly anything? Then we spent the rest of the week in a sweet couple's cabin after they had to go home early. It was fabulous and cool with air conditioning.

Previous years have seen us packing up and going home early due to heavy rains, flooding and tons of red clay mud! Our friends went with us that year and they had never tent camped with their girls before. They were standing there laughing with us while we were in the midst of the mud and water to our knees. Later they said "We figured if the Geron's weren't complaining then it must not be but so bad." I told my girl friend "No Baby it totally stunk! But it was one of those situations if you don't laugh you'll surely be crying" And we Gerons always choose laughing over crying.

One year we had an RV a friend loaned us - now let me tell you - that was sweet! And I could get behind some traveling like that. We love that friend - he sold it right after that because their subdivision wouldn't let them park it by their house. Rules you know.

So this year, as you can well imagine, we pack the tent with serious trepidation. We LOVE Family Camp. Did I mention that? I mean REALLY LOVE it. So we packed up and went -trusting the Lord as always to provide a week of no rain, good weather and cool nights for us. Well, HE came through as He always does. We had no rain, it was never too terribly hot and we had cool nights. I was so blessed by the beautiful weather all week. I really praised Him all week for it. God is good all the time!

And the best part of all - we ended up sleeping in a cabin someone lent us from the middle of the week on through Sunday. PRAISE THE LORD! God is GOOD all the time!

There truly is something special about the gathering of other believers and sharing our faith and love with each other. We were truly on Holy ground. I am amazed constantly at His blessing and provision for my family.

In Christ's Love,

Peg

No comments: