Monday, August 25, 2008

For Better or Worse, In Sickness and In Health

Yep we've been living those words this weekend here at La Geron. I don't necessarily think things are worse - they are just different than our usual normal every day life. They are better in some ways. One way is that Michael is with us right now instead of being at work or doing something else that he normally would be doing because he is not physically able to do it right now. So we are enjoying having him with us for all our meals and just hanging out time.

My beloved - as you all know - had surgery on Friday. He has not been able to do the things he likes to be doing and in some cases the things he needs to do (like shower). So this weekend I have been loving on him and serving him in different ways than normal. I have to say I LOVE being able to love on him and do for him. He's a pretty independent guy and while I know it has to be hard for him to allow me to do things for him like showers, buttoning his pants, and tying his shoes he has been very gracious. Even when I am laughing and double knotting his laces.

And,for your viewing pleasure, Charlotte has dressed him a bit herself:





This is what happens when you sit still at our house for any length of time! Needless to say, the meds were still working quite well. He sat there and let her put those glasses on him probably 25 times. She made those in VBS at my girlfriend Lisa's church.

So today I am thanking the Lord for the blessing of being able to serve my beloved in new and different ways. And for a gracious beloved who just lets me laugh while I double knot his work boots.

In Christ's Abundant Love,

Peg

No comments: