Friday, August 22, 2008

Praising the Lord for His goodness and mercy.

Today my beloved had surgery. It was outpatient to remove a bigger graft of skin around an invasive melanoma he had taken off last month.

We are praising the Lord for his goodness on many levels. The first of which is that Michael did extremely well under the anesthesia. This was a huge concern of ours as he has not done well in the past coming out of it. Never has a face awake been more beautiful to me. When you've watched him struggle to come out of the anesthesia before it was huge for him to do so well this time. It was an answer to prayer.

We are so thankful for the prayers of friends all over the country. We are so blessed to have the friends and family we do. And I was blessed to not have to sit there alone - Michael's folks were there and the time just flew by for us. We are thankful that it didn't take nearly as long as they thought it was going to take. And that he rebounded so well from the anesthesia is such a blessing.

We are on the recovery side of this surgery and praising the Lord for that. He is asleep as I type this and is doing well. I am so thankful for that. He is my world and I love him so much. So we are taking good care of him and praising the Lord that he is here with us and that they caught this cancer quickly.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I am so happy that things went well today! We are praising the Lord with you....love you all.

Kristi said...

I've been thinking about your family ever since talking with you Friday. I'm sooo glad and thankful that recovery is going well.