Sunday, December 14, 2008

Girlfriends are a necessary gift every woman needs.

I was privileged to get to spend the bulk of the weekend with my girlfriends. We went to a Christmas party that involved at least five states and 17 women.

I had two of the 17 spend the weekend at my house. We laughed and talked until after midnight on Friday, and finally went to bed when Michael reminded us we were going to be getting up in just a few short hours.

We got up at 5:30 and left my house at 6:45 to head to my friend Anne's house. We had a quick, delicious breakfast at her house and then all 7 of us piled into the big white van aka the Fun Bus!

In the blink of an eye we were in North Carolina at our friend Julie's beautiful home eating, talking, laughing and even crying a few times (sorry about that girls - you know talking about my babies always does me in). Oh and did I mention we ate - oh did we ever eat! Delicious each and every thing I tried. Boy can my friends cook!

I got to see some friends I've not seen in a while and meet some new friends that I've known for some time but not yet met. God is good and in the details. Got to find out the Fun bus does not like muddy spots - thank the Lord for not having to push. ;0) We had such conversation and laughter for many hours and then turned around and in the blink of another eye we were back at Anne's dropping people off and heading back to La Geron.

I was telling a friend at church this morning about my day and realized that I was driving 10 hours out of the day yesterday. It sure didn't seem like it was 10 hours. I haven't laughed that hard in so long and am so blessed to know such great people. And all of this has been possible because of one little conversation my sweet Sophia started 4 years ago this next week. What a blessing and what a gift.

So when was the last time you spent a few hours laughing with a girlfriend or a room full of your girl friends? Make sure you take time for those relationships. God is in them and in the details of them. He wants us to love on each other by laughing, eating with and encouraging each other. I truly believe He delights in the laughter of his people enjoying each other's company.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It was such a fun day, wasn't it! I had a blast in the fun bus talking to you for 8 of those 10 hours. Unbeliveable!

I was glad to be home. Four days for a 5 hour Christmas Party is a long time LOL.