Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Heart is a funny thing...

It amazes me how the Lord designed our bodies so that each part does it's part. I was having some issues with my heart - physically - not spiritually - yesterday. My heart started racing very fast - like 221/bpm fast - on Tuesday night.

Well, I've been there before so I followed the advice of the dr. I'd seen last about it and tried all the tricks to get it to settle down. And then I thought I'd wait it out - according to the dr. I saw last time that was ok to do for up to 3 days as long as I wasn't uncomfortable.

Yeah, turns out that was not very good advice. I should have gone in Tuesday night. As it was when I finally went in to the ER I was still beating at 221/bpm and it had been doing that rate for over 12 hours. The ER doctor said it was like I'd been running around the block for 12 hours non-stop. Not really a good thing evidently. ;)

I truly wasn't feeling badly at all until I actually saw my face in the mirror and realized I was white as a sheet. My girls were all hovering around me - worried. And my beloved was worried but willing to let me call the shots for a bit longer. When I talked to my friend/family doctor she told me to get to the ER now.

As I said I've been there before and I really was trying to avoid two things - the first was the shot of Adenosine which stops your heart - feels like you've been kicked in the chest by a very big mule - and the second thing was of course the ER bill.

I hate paying those high ER bills and after the year we've had with medical things I really did not want to add to our load. My beloved looked at me and told me he wasn't worried about the money - he was worried about my health! I love that man. He just wanted my heart to be working correctly.

So today we are praising the Lord for many things but here's a few big ones:

That He has made our heart so perfectly able to do it's job - if it's not hindered by a short in the wiring which is evidently what I have going on.

That family and friends drop everything to come to our aide in the form of staying with the girls, taking them to dance, and feeding them.

For my beloved - he is always so calm (he gets that from his mother) in crisis situations. And that he Loves me so very much.

For my heart - that it's doing what it's supposed to today

For ER personnel - and for drugs that work even when it feels just awful for those few seconds.

For cardiologists - I'll be seeing one this time about this SVT.

And for my sweet girls who love on me and pray for me during these times

For the three years it's been since I had the last incident.

And for the Lord - who is in my heart and soul giving me the secure knowledge of where I'd be if my heart stopped working completely.

Again, though, the heart is a funny thing - it is made perfectly by the One who does not make mistakes.

In Christ's Miraculous love,
Peg

No comments: