Tuesday, January 6, 2009

May the Lord use my life for His glory.

Most of you know me and mine. What you might not know is that we have 8 children. Four girls here with us and four babies with the Lord. We have a son named Zebulon Adam (we call him Zeb) and three babies we'll get to meet when we get to heaven.

Zeb was born in 2001 at the end of May. He was not due to be born until the fall. We went in for a routine doctor's appointment and came away preparing to go in the hospital the next morning in preparation to deliver a baby we weren't going to take home. He was already home with the Lord. Our church family and friends carried us through that time on the wings of their prayers. The bible says God keeps our prayers in golden bowls - that they are incense to him. Well let me tell you they were a protection around us, an uplifting under us and a love surrounding us during the days we were in the hospital waiting to deliver. Always in the time that followed we trusted the Lord would use that time for His glory at some point.

Well let me tell you how he has done this so far. We have been able to minister to many people in ways that we never would have before. We have a bond with others who have gone through the same thing. And we are able to step up with true love and say "what do you need, we've been there". Sadly, this week we have had that chance again - and it's not over yet.

This week has been a long week for us here at La Geron. Dear friends of ours lost their baby grandson in a similar way to how we lost Zeb. Regular doctors appointment, no heartbeat, into the hospital to deliver a baby they aren't taking home.

We have lifted them in prayer and today went to see them at the hospital. We were there in the waiting room with them while their son and his girlfriend delivered their baby who was already with the Lord. They only had a few weeks left to the due date unlike us. Today they delivered their baby and were able to hold him for a time.

We did not get to see them while we were there. We'll love on them some more later. They needed their family around them then. We're praying for them. We ask that you do the same. And we ask that the Lord would show them one day how He can take this terrible tragic thing and turn it into something He can use for their good.

And so I end another day asking the same thing I start each day with; "Lord use my life for your glory... USE ME where you will... In any way you need me I am there." May that be something you would desire as well.

In Christ's Lap tonight,

Peg

5 comments:

Theresa in WV said...

What an amazing testimony, Peg, of what the Lord can do through us. I praise God that you are willing to be used of Him in the lives of others who are hurting.

Sonya said...

Hello, I "stumbled" upon your blog from the SL forums. My sister lost her baby in the same way back in 2006. The reality of those few days in the hospital and months later are forever etched in my mind. It was the most tragic experience our entire family has ever been through. My heart goes out to your friend's family. Prayers.

Kristi said...

It's something else how we can look at our circumstances and life experiences in a different perspective, after Jesus brings us through the storms. Glad that God has used you to not only touch me, but others too! You are awesome! To God be the Glory!

Theresa said...

Man, I sure do love you. You were the hands and feet of Christ to that family. I know that it is still rough sometimes, but the Lord will forever use the loss in your life for His glory. Being Christ's hands and feet is something to be tresured.

Theresa in WV said...

Okay, that totally threw me when I got an email stating that I had posted again!