Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How are you living?

I heard a song today about living in the moment and enjoying your life. I wondered how most of us live our lives? Are we living for the next thing to happen? Are we living in the past - focused on what might have been? Are we trying to live someone elses life instead of our own? I know it sure seems attractive when your friend's lives seem much more fun, easy, loving etc. But that's not OUR lives.

Are we living the way the Lord would have us live? Are we telling those we love that we love them? Are we hugging our kids and taking the minutes to look into their eyes and see who they really are - Who God created them to be? Are we allowing ourselves to grieve when we need to? Are we joyful in the small and the big things? Are we willing to sacrifice the ideas of what the world would have us do for what the Lord wants us to do?

I know that I want to be the light the Lord would have me be and I want to be of use to him here and now. How that is to play out I surely don't know but I'm done waiting on for that next thing to happen. I'm here and willing and I'm ready now to do whatever He calls me to do. My God has plans for me to live abundantly and to prosper me. I want to live MY life! I don't want to miss out on one single thing He has for me!

So how about you? How are you living your life? Is this where you want to be? Is this where the Lord would have you be?

In the Midst of Christ's Plan,
Peg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder.