Monday, June 2, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too! Actually it is not but this is the song I sing to each of my girls when they do have a birthday. I sing it to them all day long on their birthday. And I try to get other people to sing it or say it to them.

They come back with "MOM it is not your birthday it's MINE!" in the most drawn out sentence you can imagine. Totally cracks me up. I know they love it though even when they say they don't. I know they will be calling their sisters up when they are grown up and singing to each other. It makes me so happy to think of that.

Anyway, the point of today's post is that my sweet Em has had her 10th - yes 10th - birthday. She is such a sweetie. And she is so stinkin' cute. I just love her fun, quirky personality. She has the best sense of humor. Often she just blows us all away with the way she sees the world. Love it!

So here is my sweet babby Emma at three and a half:




And now the Birthday girl today:



I love the young lady of God she is becoming. If you see her anytime soon please sing "You say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too!" She'll love it!

In Christ's Love,
Peg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Peg!

We sing that song too, but because my Annie WAS born on my birthday. We had to get her born right away because we suspected that there might be something wrong - she had stopped moving and responding. My present that year was a perfectly healthy baby who was just messin' with us. And next week she'll be 3. Where did the time go?

Jen/mamamoz