Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If I feel this way then how does the Lord feel?

We've had a tough week here at La Geron. It's been a very emotional week full of disappointment and tears for all of us. My babbies have had some rough lessons and it breaks my heart that they've had to deal with this right now.

We spent the last two days scraping girls off the floor and praying and then crying some more with them. The truth of the matter is that there is just no fixing these things for them.

That is our first reaction; we, as the mama and daddy, want to fix these things for our babbies. That's what we do. And that is especially what I do.

So this morning as I am meeting with the Lord I realize that if I feel this way for my babbies then how much more He hurts for us when we have to go through these trials. There are just some roads you have to go down; some valleys you have to walk through - there is no other way. We have to deal with it and when we get to the other side of it we will be better for having walked that path. There are no words that will explain the depth of His love, pain and anguish for us as He helps us through these times.

So today we are living Psalm 121.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills --
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip --
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you --
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm --
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."


Under Christ's Watchful Care,

Peg

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Praying for all of you.
Love you all muchly.