Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Appreciating good health..

We have had sickness at La Geron for the last week. Today is finally the first day that everyone is feeling 100%. I thought we were done Saturday. Not so - I still hadn't gotten sick. I thought I had made it under the wire. Well, I sure felt bad Sunday evening. Yesterday I was miserable. I hate being sick. I just went to bed and slept. My sweet Sophia, thank the Lord, was able to run things pretty efficiently while I rested.

I think we have not properly appreciated our lack of sickness these last few years. My family has had the occasional cold or upset tummy but nothing major. Praise the Lord! We realized yesterday when Michael went to take Em to get her stitches out that we have only used $60 of our Flexible Health care spending fund. It is July! Praise the Lord! So we will be thanking the Lord each day for our good health and continue doing all we can to maintain it.

Today I am thankful for good health, available health care when we need it and for the ability to Praise the Lord in all things. Even when I'm feeling pretty junky.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

No comments: