Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Family

You know pretty much everyone has a family. Of some sort - it may not be the typical family that we're presented with in "Leave it to Beaver" or "The Cosbys" but it is a family nonetheless. In my family we have my beloved and my four girls plus me. Then, of course, our extended family (that'd be my mama and daddy, three sisters and one brother and all their people, my beloved's mama and daddy, sister and all her people), aunts, uncles, cousins etc.

And then there are the people we've chosen to be family. My best friends who live in WV, my girl friends who live here in VA, in IN, in NC, etc. My girl friend's folks who live other places like Arkansas. I love them all. And I love the blessings they are in my life. I'm not sure some of my family would have chosen me at first glance but I'm sure glad they look past the outside and get to know me.

I am a family person. I am rarely without someone in my family with me and I love being with them (well, most of the time). I love wholly when I love you and I tell you often. And once you are in my family - however you got there - you are there forever. Doesn't matter where you live, whether we see each other often or not - you are still in my family. I like to think that this is an area where Christ wants us to be like him. He loves us and we are his brothers and sisters because we are adopted into the family. Praise the Lord!

So how big is your family these days?

No comments: