Friday, March 7, 2008

Raising the stakes...

Or getting my family room finished! I told my beloved the other day I was going to post the pictures of the family room work-in-progress on my blog so he was accountable to other people - that would be you all ;). He laughed and said "Hm, Raising the stakes!" YEP!

We have been in our house 9 years this year and when we first moved in the downstairs was completely unfinished. A big honkin' open room. My beloved has a plan and he has been working the plan for the last 9 years.

The next part of the plan is our family room. We are so close to being finished. We have the drywall done. It needs sanding, mudding, sanding, mudding and sanding, mudding one more time. At least, that is what my beloved tells me. I really am so impatient I'd more than willing overlook a few sloppy walls. He, however, is of the mindset that if he is going to put that kind of work into then dag snap it he is going to do it right! And I love that about him.

So for your viewing pleasure: the pictures of where we are at:



I'll update as he does the next stage. Ask him about how it is going when you see him next. He really does want to finish it for us.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

2 comments:

WOOD COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN said...

Wow!

This room looks much different then when I was there in Dec. 2003!

Keep on keepin' on and I'll survey the progress when I arrive in just 10 more days :)

Love ya,
renee'

Theresa said...

It looks the best I've seen in a while! heehee
Keep up the good work!
Love ya!
Theresa