Sunday, March 30, 2008

Girlfriends ...

And why I love mine.

First, they are there to scrape you off the floor whether you are down there because you are laughing or crying hysterically. And they wait for you to come back from the ladies room before telling the rest of the story that put you on the floor in the first place.

Second, they are there to listen to you vent one more time about the same situation ONE MORE TIME! And they don't complain that you already told them that three times.

Third, they are there to help you when you need it even when you don't think you need it.

Fourth, they can make me laugh/cry faster than anything and they know when I really need it.

Fifth, they love me warts and all. And I've got a lot of them.

Sixth, they encourage me to continue to grow in the Lord by their words, actions and love.

Seventh, they all pretty much knit or appreciate my knitting with the appropriate awe.

Eighth, they like my cookies, bread etc. and gladly try one more thing I've made.

Ninth, they share clothes, yarn, food, drink, tears, laughs and more yarn, food, drink...

And tenth, God put them in my lives at the right times and I'm so very grateful to have them all. Thank you Lord!

So go love on your girlfriends today. Call one and chat. Meet one for dinner or coffee. I promise you won't regret it.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

No comments: