Monday, April 7, 2008

My daddy

and praying for healing.

Today as I talked to my mother and heard her weary voice I was struck by how much she loves my daddy. And us kids. She has been the strong one this whole time. She is so sad to see my daddy go downhill so fast.

I hurt for her. I hurt for him. I want to fix things. See that is my job in our family. I fix things. And I can't fix this. It totally stinks. But I know the Lord can fix this though and I'm asking Him daily to help my mom have the strength, patience and love she needs to care for my daddy in these last days.

I know some people won't understand me when I say that I pray the Lord heals him soon by carrying him home to be with Jesus in heaven but I know the Lord knows my heart in this. So I will keep asking the Lord to give him grace and favor in these last days. And to heal him soon. Forever.

In Christ's able and abundant love,
Peg

No comments: