Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Praising the Lord in the Storm.

We just got back from my folks house a couple of hours ago. Most of you know we went for just a few days to help out with some things. Well, a few days turned into 6! Yes SIX!

Just as a bit of background: My beloved had taken our van in (like he does every time we travel) for an oil change and to get a funny sound we'd been having checked out before we drove 8 hours to my folks. That was a week ago today. And the mechanic said everything was great. It wasn't! (And we're looking for a new mechanic.)

When we got off at my folks exit (7 hours into our trip) we had the engine light come on and we had to take it to the shop. One rental car later and a really nice car shop (we highly recommend Cottman's Transmission) and 6 days later we have our car back.

So here are some of the praising things:

PRAISE THE LORD the transmission was still under warranty.
PRAISE THE LORD we were already headed for my folks and didn't have to get a hotel etc.
PRAISE THE LORD we had the extra three days because on Saturday we had huge thunderstorms and had to stop working on the deck we went there to build.
PRAISE THE LORD for family. We had help on Sunday that we wouldn't have had on Saturday (my brother-in-law and nephew and sisters) which enabled my beloved to get way more done on the deck than we could have ever done on our own. And for the family here that offer help without question! We are so very blessed.
PRAISE THE LORD for the extra days because I got to be with my father and mother and just be!
PRAISE THE LORD for good friends who kept our girls while we were gone. And for our girlfriend who stayed at our house and kept the girls until today. And she did SCHOOL with them so we didn't lose any days.
PRAISE THE LORD for my girls and my girlfriend who cleaned my house and did my laundry. My laundry room looks fabulous and the rest of the house looks great too.
And PRAISE THE LORD that I got to say goodbye to my daddy in a special way. I hope to see him again on this side of heaven but if I don't I know we're ok.

God is good. And I'm praising Him in this storm.

No comments: