Thursday, April 24, 2008

School and thankfulness...

Most of you know that we pulled our girls out of public school two years ago now. Looking back today two years after we made the final decision I am thankful for many things.

- I am thankful that the Lord brought us to this place and has honored our obedience.

- I am thankful because we have precious time with our girls that most parents don't get to have.

- I am thankful I get to see my girls faces when they get something in math or when they connect the story we're reading with a time period in history. I love to see how they are quick to help their babby sister read or do some math with her.

- I am thankful that I can let them sleep as long as their growing bodies and minds need without having to rush them out of the bed at some early hour.

- I am thankful that we are able to take a day off when we need to or want to without dealing with anyone else's schedule but my beloved's.

- I am thankful when I see my girls working on a story or a play just because they like it. And when they read before nap,before going to bed or any other time of the day they can squeeze it in just because they love to read books.

- I am thankful for the breakfast my girls make for each other most mornings because they have time to cook and try new recipes.

- I am thankful for my beloved who works so very hard in order for us to be able to live this life we have.

- I am also so very thankful that we are able to stop and go to love on my folks or friends when they need us.

And lastly I'm thankful to the see my girl's love of the Lord and to be able to nurture that love in them.

God is good all the time. And while we have a lot going on these days I will continue to Praise Him!

In Christ's Love,
Peg

No comments: