Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sickness...

Yep we just got back from vacation and then Em starts puking yesterday morning. I immediately assume that it is the antibiotic they have her on for the knee. Not so I soon realized when McGinley starts an hour later.

Emma hates and I mean HATES to puke. She got sick twice and was done. McGinley is like her mother - she yaks just thinking about yakking. She was so pitiful for most of the day and evening. She did finally eat some broth around 8 last night.

Of course, Sophia just willed herself to not yak! She hates being sick even more than Em does. She had a headache half the day and then feels all chipper and happy today. She is even going to swim in the meet they have tonight.

McGinley thinks she can swim but I told her coach no way because I know she takes days and days to recover from being sick. I'll be force feeding her and making sure she gets liquids in for the next week just to get her back to normal. She is so thin she really cannot afford to be sick -ever.

And Em can't swim because of the stitches in her knee. Next week she'll be able to swim. Not tonight though.

We are praising the Lord we were home for them to be sick and miserable in their own beds (and bathrooms). And I'm praising the Lord they are all old enough to run to the toilet and actually make it. I hate cleaning up yak!

Praising Him for good health,

Peg

No comments: