Thursday, June 12, 2008

The business of summer...

We have started swim team officially. I get to watch my girls swim in a local league here in town. They have done this for several summers now. You'd think I'd have it down pat but I don't. Tonight we went to run errands in Williamsburg because I forgot we had swim practice tonight.

Well truth be told I had two libraries books to return before I have to take a second mortgage out for the fines we'll have. Don't tell my beloved. He thinks we have enough books in the house as it is. He knows all of his girls love to read so he doesn't complain too much about the library runs. Except when we forget there are books due.

And then on top of that I had gotten my mail with a water quality report from our town saying that our fluoride levels are too high for the kids to be drinking the water. Well, if you know my family then you know that we drink a LOT of water. I spent thirty minutes in Lowes looking at water filters only to discover that none they sell filters out the fluoride. So a stop at the Ukrops (got to see my beloved for a few minutes) to buy a bottle of spring water with no fluoride in it to drink until we figure out this thing.

And then I realized we had swim practice tonight. So on home we went to fling on bathing suits and run to the club for swim practice. Home again at 9:15 and everyone gets farmed through the showers. Thankfully now my house is quiet. That is a bonus of the swim practice - they are worn slam out and ready for bed. God is good.

Busy days doing this business of summer. But I wouldn't have it any other way. The girls love to swim and do very well with it. The running around I could do without but you know the business of a family our size always involves some running.

So how's business at your house? Are you enjoying the blessing of summer and good times? Are you loving on each other and praising the Lord for his blessings? We are!

In Christ's Love,

No comments: