Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unexpected grief and unexpected blessings...

Yesterday I went to see one of my best friend's families. Her kids all got out of school yesterday and we went to their house to visit and swim. We had a great time and I was glad to see my girlfriend. We used to live next door to each other. Our kids are similar in age and we have learned and grown to be the best wives, homemakers, mothers and daughters of the most high King together. In a perfect world all my girlfriends would be next door.

When I got ready to leave her house I called my beloved to tell him I would be going shopping for the annual Father's Day gifts with the girls before coming home. As I told him it suddenly hit me in a very physical way that I would not be buying one for Daddy this year. The grief was just overwhelming. I felt like I'd been hit -hard. My beloved tried talking me through it on the phone but truth be told I could not talk at all. Then it hit me even harder in the store. I was trying so hard to hold it together for my girls. I didn't want to scare them. I was so close to coming unglued right there in Sears. Praise the Lord I didn't.

The blessing of it all is the unexpected part. At least unexpected by the world's standards. I have friends all over the world who use the same curriculum we use. I posted on my forums that I was having a hard time. My friends have been praying for me all day - all over the world. I have felt and been upheld by those prayers. In a physical way that is so very hard to describe.

I am so very thankful for my emaginary friends. And my IRL friends. My friend Cheryl talked me through a tough moment this morning. My friend Amy was Christ in the flesh last night. She took care of me when no one else was around to do it. I don't know what I'd do without my girlfriends. I don't know what I'd do without my church family. Both here and all over the world. I am thankful for the blessing of the family bound by the blood of Jesus.

So in the midst of this crazy day I am praising HIM ever more. He is there carrying me through the prayers of old friends and new friends. I can't wait to get to heaven to see my daddy and have all my girlfriends next door.


In Christ's Love,
Peg

No comments: