Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Geron Family goes on vacation...

Well, you know something had to happen. We never get to travel without something happening. We pulled out of Dodge later than we wanted to and as soon as we got on the highway this happened:



Yep that is the trailer tire shredded of pretty much all useful tire parts.

And then my girlfriend (I call her my sister wife) came:



Isn't she Beautiful? I sure do love her dearly. She came and drove my beloved back to our tire place to get a new tire plus a spare 'cause you know it may happen again.

This is what we did while they got the tires:


Finally we got on the road 2 hours later. We were so excited to be on the road in the new van. It drives great and hauled the trailer as if it weren't even there. We made it to Lake Sherwood without further incident. PRAISE THE LORD.

Of course, our late start meant we got there around 7. Our friends helped us set up the tents and my best friend already had dinner cooking. We added our stuff and ate in good time. Everyone ate hearty because they were starving from all the travel and work.

We spent from Wednesday to Saturday in total relaxation. When our friends left to go home (we overlap) we followed them down the mountain for some water and supplies. Our cell phones started beeping as soon as we hit a signal tower 2/3rds of the way down the mountain.

Remember how I said we can't travel without something going on? We thought we were free and clear since we had the tire blow as soon as we hit the road. Well, unfortunately my beloved's dear cousin passed away very unexpectedly. He was 45. We came home early on Monday for the service on Tuesday. Praise the Lord he knew our Lord as his saviour and we know he is at peace now.

Of course, before we came home we had to do one more thing. A visit to the ER! My sweet Emma had to have a few stitches. Nine to be exact. Why? Well, she says the chain off her bike jumped off and bit her in the knee. It looked pretty gross and scary to this Mama's eyes. But she is recovering nicely. Here she is at the beach the next day with her knee wrapped in plastic. Isn't she just too cute and so very sad looking she can't swim with everyone else?



And before we left WV we saw my girlfriend of 25 years in from IN. She was coming up the mountain to spend the night with us at our site before she left to go home on Monday. Of course, she had to wait in the rain for us since we were in the ER down the mountain. And then she graciously helped us pack up on Monday before we actually spent the last few hours with her at the beach.

And just so you know I'm keeping this real:



Yep that is my girlfriend and I on the beach in our swimsuits. I'm all about transparency here. Isn't she beautiful? It was great getting to see her.

We are praising the Lord for many things on this trip. Safety when the tire blew. Cell phones for when we needed to be reached. Friends who will travel and sit in the rain to see us for just a few hours. Emergeny room doctors - Dr. Dawson at Greenbrier Memorial is a great doctor and very gentle yet thorough with my girl. Family. Sister wives/girlfriends. And of course that the Lord is with us through it all. What a joy it is to serve Him.

In Christ's Love,
Peg

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh, my! I am so glad you are home and in one piece! And I am not
as transparent as you, I won't be seen in ANY picture with my bathing suit on! You are so hilarious! Love you, hope to catch up with you soon.